Thursday 15 January 2015

"Who do you say I am...."


The journey of knowing who you are is not an easy one....why do I say so? Well because a lot of times you will be faced with obstacles were ‘people opinions’ will try to take charge and in a way try to invade your mind to define who you are. So why do I consider these invasions as ‘people opinions’?, simply because I have come to learn that what people may say or may think of me is NEVER a FACT purely because they don’t know me, this may sound like a cliché, but it’s true. A lot of times what people say is based on many factors (but I’m not here to speak about that maybe on a later post) . So, please don’t get me wrong, I mean there have been situations I have encountered were well meaning people out of wanting the best for me have said ‘or you are this, you are that, I don’t like it when you do this or that….etc.’’ – now I don’t take that personally purely because I am fully aware of that persons intentions – that they are good. So I listen & evaluate myself and work on whatever it may be to change (not to please that person of course).

But I’m not talking about the group of ‘well-wishers & good –intentions’’ but I speak of those whose ulterior motive is to put you down, to make you ‘feel’ less of yourself, to tear you down. I have had my share of these people, I don’t resent them (NOT AT ALL) but I have learnt that if you don’t know who you are…you will most likely be affected by them, at some point I was one who was affected by their ‘opinions’ and I tell you it was one of the biggest challenges to overcome. Out of being naïve I would stress myself just to proof a point to them that I was not what they thought. Living to ‘proof a point’ to people is a waste of time to be honest and next week I will speak more about this in the meantime read the message below. People always had opinions of whom Jesus was, yet that didn’t faze Him, He didn’t live to ‘proof a point to anyone’ because He knew from where His IDENTITY came from..

Matthew 16:13-20 New International Version (NIV)

When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”
They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
“But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”

Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”
Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven

See you next week Thursday my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment