Tuesday 20 January 2015

The Approval of Men versus the Approval God


So normally I’m supposed to post every Thursday, but I couldn’t keep this until then…heheheh

In last week Thursdays post I mentioned that I would speak about how I would stress myself so hard to prove the opinions of other people wrong. When I look back I can sincerely say that I was driven by wanting to have peoples approval I wanted to ‘fit in’ to be accepted by those who didn’t necessarily like me for some odd reason or another. I would seek to dress, speak or act like them in the hope that they would notice me & when they didn’t notice me that shattered me internally. If you noticed I mentioned how it hit me hard internally, WHY? Because that was where my problem was and the way I was going about fixing it was to look to please others by changing the EXTERNAL while the INTERNAL SUFFERED. I wanted to justify my insecurities by justifying them through those who were around me (those who shared negative opinions about me), it’s as if my way of fighting back my complexes was to fight back those who spoke bad of me or judged me out of a lack of understanding, so much wasted emotional energy , the truth is you are fighting against the ‘Man In the Mirror’ – which is YOURSELF. I was thinking the other day that INSECURITY means a lack of SECURITY in WHO YOU ARE, it’s when you don’t see yourself as being enough – mainly being good enough for others, but the thing one does not recognise when they are INSECURE  is that their VALUE does not decrease based on the opinions of what others say or don’t say about them but they get so consumed in having to ‘prove themselves’ to others.

I can say that some of the hardest battles to overcome are not those that you see, but are those battles that are WITHIN YOU. Primarily because no one knows the depth of then except you. A lot of times I would look for something to mask our internal issues, after all it seems as long as not one sees them it can’t be all that bad right???...WRONG

In my next post (this coming Thursday) I will speak about how INTERNAL issue can materialise themselves EXTERNALLY…and it does get bad, in the meantime read the following:

Jesus is the epitome of CONFIDENCE, Someone who never seeked the approval of men, after all He did say…’’Your APPROVAL means nothing to me’’ John 5:41 (NLT)
Need I say more.

Unfortunately some still ….’’ loved the approval of men rather than the approval of God’’ John 12:43 (NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment