Tuesday 5 November 2013

The Lions Den


At the end of this series I would like my readers to know this that the word of God never lies, the strength of God never fails & God does not forsake nor forget those that belong to Him, but you have to fight, you have to persevere & you have to use your FAITH. This story does have a happy ending, not because it’s a fairy tale story but because of what is written in the word of God, ‘’those that are born of God OVERCOME the world’’ – 1 John 5:4
About 3 months ago I faced a situation that really pushed my faith. In my wildest dreams I never thought I would go through such a desert, they say ‘’God doesn’t give you something you can’t handle’ it’s true, but sometimes the enormousness of the situation can at times overwhelm you. For the first time in my faith I began to make the prayer ‘ Lord let your will be done, above my own will, just as long as you make the pain go away & give me the strength to face whatever lies ahead’’ – Those words were not easy to say yet I made this prayer sincerely, wholeheartedly.
I call that stage of my life ‘THE LIONS DEN’
I overcame this situation by the VOW I made while in ‘THE LIONS DEN’
The 2nd of August 2013 was like any other day for me, it was a beautiful sunny day, I had my plans to do certain things, but I remember God saying to me,’’ You can make many plans, but the Lord’s purpose will prevail’’ -(Proverbs 19: 21).  Who could have imagined that later on that day I would come to understand what He meant. At 17:25pm (yes I remember the time as this event really marked me), I was informed that I was to be DETAINED, for those of you who have never faced an immigration problem this means that I was to be put in a centre where they keep people who have failed immigration applications and the whole idea of placing them there is to DEPORT them back to their home country.
As soon as I was informed of this my world crushed, I didn’t believe what I heard, all I could imagine was me in a cell, my freedom being denied. Within myself I said - ‘My God, what is going on!’’. Everything happened so fast, there was no time to cry, I had to think, and I had to make a decision as to what I would do next…
My head felt so pressured, I was placed in a small room alone, there was no window for fresh air, I took my hand and as I placed  it on top of my head, I asked God to give me strength in my mind to withstand this ordeal.
I remember one young lady who was to be detained with me, she was so fearful & crying as if she were to be sent to the death penalty and I said to her ‘’It’s not time to cry, you have to be strong…’’ (In that moment I was the one who wanted to cry)…TO BE CONTINUED




No comments:

Post a Comment