Friday 5 July 2013

Desiree Thomas : Final



 
A POEM…

It’s all coming back to me now
What I wanted was to fade away from the problems
My very existence became the problem itself
Everything I tried to lean on pushed me away
Unwanted, unloved – I didn’t exist
I was left alone afraid and confused
No longer the controller of my mind

Trapped in a body while my life was lived on rewind, I had forgotten the person I was inside. Slowly adding to the scars of the words that cut deep
Broken and crushed from within
I was like the unwanted toy left abandoned and taking up space
The suffering was too much, yet becoming numb to the pain
It was time to end it or it would end me

But I knew I couldn’t do it on my own....a loud cry from the depth of my soul

‘’CAN SOMEBODY HEAR ME, DOES ANYONE CARE’’
This was my all or nothing shout
Then suddenly a change of events occurred

Like a HERO He arrived in my darkest night
With His HEROIC ENTRANCE into my life , an opportunity came to change from within
Skeletons in the closet, were all unlocked
Goodbye to the crutches I no longer need you

I’m no longer the victim, I am victory itself
He rescued me from the depth of the pit
He understood me when no-one else did
I have the source of my strength within

So I continue on this journey renewed, revived and FREE

 

 SONG : RENEW ME BY AVALON

 

1 comment: